Sunday, June 20, 2010

Sipping in Seattle


This past week I had the chance to finally visit Seattle, Washington, where I attended some work related training. I had never been to Seattle, or that part of the United States before, and was looking forward to it. Seattle has the reputation of being "with it", home to Microsoft, home to many "green" notions, and home to Starbucks. Hey, and the fish and salmon chowder are some of the best I've even had.

What a change weather-wise from Hawaii! It was wierd to wear long shirts and a jacket once again. There was a light misty rain almost every day which reminded me of Scottish life in a good sense. I also found a great Irish pub where I drank a few Guniness's and had a vegetarian pasty. Funny, but almost everywhere I go I seem to find a great Irish bar.

One evening I had to chance to hook up with another priest in the Celtic Church, Fr. Sean Lotz, who has a small church named St. Ita's. Fr. Sean is an amazing guy, and is the "official" liturgist of the church. Want to know something about the liturgy of the church-Fr. Sean is the man. Sean has written many wonderful Celtic publications, including The Felier which is a calander of saints for Celtic Catholics which can be purchased here. Fr. Sean also has a blog which explores Celtic prayer and meditation and can be viewed here. Visit St. Ita's if you ever get to the Seattle area.

No comments:

Post a Comment